Monday 7 October 2013

Sick, Not Weak

As my introductory post to this blog, I'd like to start with a video of a talk I gave at my work in September 2013 called "Sick, Not Weak".  It's my story about finding out how I actually had depression and generalized anxiety disorder, and the effects those had on my life in the nearly 48 years prior to that diagnosis.

The title was borrowed (the polite term for "blatantly stolen") from Michael Landsberg of TSN in Canada.  Michael, who suffers from severe depression, has been a very outspoken advocate of making mental illness visible so that we can deal with it like we do physical illnesses.

If you like this video, please share it with others so that we can encourage more people to tell their stories, even if it's to themselves in a mirror.


No comments:

Post a Comment